urban design & master planners
University Social Space Character Sketches
CLIENT: UBC Campus Development and Planning
SITE AREA: 402 hectares
The University of British Columbia prepared a new Landscape Plan for the campus and engaged CIVITAS to prepare the plan report and provide communication tools for communicating the plan to the community and those that will administer the development of the university campus.
The focus of the work was to:
• Provide structure and understanding to the nature
and spirit of the university environment;
• Foster an awareness of the natural environment and
its importance in the daily lives of those who
experience the place;
• Provide a background ot the natural and human
experiences, objectives, and principles for the
• Establish a stewardship framework; and,
• Include a number of example demonstration projects.
UBC Landscape Plan / Vancouver, BC, Canada