CIVITAS was commissioned to prepare a conceptual site development plan to support and capitalize on the neighbouring university, research park, and adjacent shopping centre. The Concept Plan provides:
• A ‘third place’ that creates an active synergy between the university, retail centre and on-site residents and business community;
• An integration of ‘Town and Gown’ by providing a public forum venue for social events, performances and dialogue;
• A diverse mix of uses such as fine-grain ground-level retail including a potential iconic anchor retailer, offices with floor plates ranging from 1,000 to 3,000 sq.m., hotel, residential units, club/gym, childcare centre and a variety of high-quality cafes, restaurants and bars;
• A strong, legible connection to the existing natural reserve by creating a public realm focus at the creek edge, as well as incorporating innovative water sensitive urban design strategies (WSUD);
• Site exposure and landmark towers that efficiently stack uses, with heights ranging from 8-21 storeys; and,
• Transit connectivity to the adjacent commuter rail station and bus interchange.
Macquarie Park Mixed Use Plan / Sydney, NSW, Australia
3D Sketch Massing Model
'Town & Gown' Connections - Context Framework Plan
CLIENT: The GPT Group
SITE AREA: 1.7 Hectares
TOTAL GFA: 95,000 Sq.M.
RESIDENTIAL: 100 Units
RETAIL: 10,000 Sq.M.
OFFICE: 58,000 Sq.M.
HOTEL: 150 Rooms
Illustrative Ground Level Plan
Placemaking Framework Diagram
© CIVITAS Inc. 2017 All rights reserved