CLIENT: Australian National University
SITE AREA: 11ha total | 2.3ha Phase One
DENSITY: 1.32 FAR
RESIDENTIAL: 2,200 Units
RETAIL: 17,100 sq.m.
ACADEMIC: 104,500 sq.m.
Australian National University, Union Court Framework Plan / Canberra, Australia
CIVITAS won the bid to develop the Urban Design Framework Plan for this strategic ANU site, adjacent to Canberra’s City Centre:
• The vision for Union Court and University Avenue is to create a living heart for ANU’s campus, while also creating an engaging nexus for the community of Canberra and the university.
• The Framework allows for higher intensity uses, more complete building mass to both frame public space while adding density and intensity of use.
• Union Court, a newly shaped public ‘agora,’ will be framed by a new state-of-the-art library, and new active edges containing vibrant shops.
• Heritage buildings will be repurposed to keep history and diversity present on the public square.
• Improved connectivity, with legible axial pedestrian ways will help create a framework that can endure, as building uses and forms evolve over time.
© CIVITAS Inc. 2017 All rights reserved